Friday, January 22, 2010

It's Finally Happened.

(That's me! Spewing love out my ear. Or cheek.)

SO!

No more holidays or new year dawdling! Time to get to work! You heard me! Drop and give me 50! Paintings!

Yes, it's true. After a month of piddling around and hemming and hawing over what to do, and my general dissatisfaction with the state of the games industry in America (although I'm sure Japan and Europe are just as screwy), I've decided to switch gears and develop a children's book.

And damn if it isn't daunting. All the worst-case scenarios and fire and brimstone lectures from illustration curmudgeons have been coming back, and hitting hard. It's so easy to get discouraged, and I haven't even done anything yet! Just reading about the state of the overly saturated publishing industry sets my teeth on edge. Yeeee.

I'm enthusiastic mostly because of two things: I've rediscovered how much I missed drawing and reconstructing prehistoric creatures (I've been so out of the loop with paleontological discoveries in the past few years: I'm a bad nerd!); and two, I've rediscovered how much I missed watercolor. Coming from years of battling digital programs, it alarmed me how easy it was! Just slosh and slop and a painting is done. It's hard to keep the images from getting to heavy.

Sigh.

I'm going to be sneaky about the details of my book for now, but I will leave you with some preliminary practice work I've been toying with to get me back in the groove. Here comes fun!


And some others I'd been piddling with:


Stay sassy y'all, next time I may have some more secret details for you. Chock full of paleontological goodness!

~Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment